Posted on July 8, 2014
Posted on July 7, 2014
Posted on June 21, 2014
I spent last week in Toronto for a work thing and while I didn’t get a lot of time to walk around the city and explore, I did enough to know that Toronto is a cool place and a city I definitely want to visit again. It’s also a cool place to take photos. These are some of my favorites from the week (click the photos to enlarge).
Coming from LA, it’s always a nice shock to visit a city where you can actually walk around and not have to rely on a car to get where you’re going.
So here are my 5 reasons to visit Toronto:
- Diversity: Granted, my travels have been few, but I’ve never been to a more diverse city than Toronto. Seriously, it’s awesome.
- Poutine: If you know, you know. If you don’t, look it up. But, basically, french fries, gravy and cheese curds are as delicious as they sound.
- Patriotism: This may not be exclusive to Toronto, but the city loves the Canadian flag. I mean, seriously loves it. Take a look at that last photo, there’s like 10 Canadian flags in the frame and it’s like that all over town. The only place you’ll find that kind of love of country/flag in the USA is in areas that rhyme with “nouth.”
- Tim Horton’s: It’s better than Starbuck’s because we don’t have them here in the states.
- Architecture: Toronto is in the middle of a crazy construction wave, which means that there’s a lot of new architecture going up and sharing space with a lot of old, traditional buildings.
Thanks for having me Toronto, I’ll be back soon.
Posted on June 8, 2014
Posted on April 27, 2014
Posted on April 22, 2014
Posted on April 14, 2014
Favorite artist out right now.